Situated in the centre of the authentic and historic Irish village, Brannens of Newport is ideally located at the heart of the Wild Atlantic Way, the Great Western Greenway and the Western Way. The town is also the gateway to Ballycroy National Park, the only accredited Gold Tier International Dark Park in Ireland.
Home to the Nephin Beggers Walking group, Brannens of Newport offers free advise to those interested in the local walking and hiking trails - including the Bangor Trail, the Western Way and the Derrada Loop Walks.
HOW TO GET HERE
11km from Wesport, 19km from Castlebar and 30km from Achill Island.
GPS Coordinates: 53.8853328408536,-9.54659171909327
From Dublin via Castlebar:
- Take the N4 and continue on M4, following signs for Sligo/Westport/N5/N6.
- Keep right at the fork to stay on M4, follow signs for Sligo/Westport/Mullingar/N5.
- Continue onto N4 until Longford.
- Follow signs for N5 to Castlebar/Westport.
- In Castlebar take the ring road following the signs through the first two roundabouts for Westport. On the third roundabout follow the signs for Newport/Town Centre. Then go straight through the next two roundabouts following the signs for Newport.
- At the traffic lights turn left onto Newport Rd/R311.
- Continue to follow R311.
-- In Newport at the first junction, turn right onto Main St/N59.
- Brannens is half way along the street on your left hand side.
If you are traveling by train, collections can be arranged from Castlebar or Westport Train Station.
Brannens of Newport, 8 -10 Main Street, Newport, Co. Mayo, F28 F579, Ireland
email@example.com | Tel: +353 (0) 87 6391 777